When dads and moms are looking for a new car for their own crumbs, they tend to focus. But in reality, there are still many criteria depending on which model to choose. Article How to choose a bike for children this below.
This is the main aspect of the choice of transport for the baby, for the child to learn to ride, he must be comfortable to ride and drive. Your favorite device grows debris on it.
A competent fit refers to the flat back of the baby, the position of the hand is not higher than the level of the chest, and almost certainly enlargement of the knee when pedaling.
By the way, the diameter of the wheel will allow the parent to choose a bike for the growth of a relatively capable baby:
- For children up to 1 meter tall, samples with 12-inch wheels will be a good option.
- If the height from 1.15 to 1.20 meters, it is advisable to buy a product with a 14 or 16-inch edge.
- Children with a height of 130-140 cm will comfortably ride the device with 18-20 inches of rubber.
To exclude mistakes when choosing the length of the frame, it is advisable to measure the distance from the “nose” of the seat to the rudder line: it should not exceed the distance from the baby’s elbow to his fingertips.
Wheel material and frame
The frame is made of the following materials:
- of steel;
- Composite Material
Strong resistance is not necessary here, but weight is important: lighter, safer, and easier for children to handle, hence there is reason to save heavy steel for adolescent devices and for elementary school age to be used with a frame made of aluminum or composite material.
Tires also different:
- Plastic is a good choice for small bikes where babies 2-3 years old will ride on smooth paths or platforms.
- Tires (inflatable) – guarantee the best comfort and smooth pedal travel even on rough roads however, there is a risk of camera penetration, in addition, they will have to be pumped up over time.
- Foam rubber – combines the advantages of the above wheel type, there is no air chamber under soft rubber, so it is impossible to penetrate the wheels. But damping is quite average.
The question of the choice of brakes worries most parents: some argue that it is necessary to teach children immediately to ride with the brakes on their own, others do not understand why the plate is required.
- The bottom line is that even in children who are between 6 and 7 years old, hands are not very strong to use.
- For small children, foot brakes are an ideal choice.
- If the parents can’t come OK, you can buy a device with mixed breaks.
Pedals come from:
Of course, the second method is safer and more durable, which is why it was chosen for children aged 6 and over, by the way, that the plastic pedal shattered by the end of the first season of hard-driving or cracking from the effects by mistake.
Experts recommend choosing multiple models on a platform so that the baby’s feet don’t slide off them however, it is not advisable to buy snap pedals.
While studying all manner, do not forget about the safety of the debris, and this not only applies to the quality of the device – the weight of the baby is small, so it is unlikely that the structure will fall apart from it.
Most importantly, a small difference that at first glance may seem insignificant:
- soft foam rubber on the steering wheel;
- Rubber pedal pads;
- There is no wedge edge in any part of the device.
- A shield that covers the plastering and the chainring.
- Reflects light or reflects light so that motorists can see the baby on the road at night.
For the youngest bikers who still can’t control the tricycle themselves, it is recommended to have a seat belt, a cross-level member at the waist and a recessed seat, a grip for parents, and support for the legs to help the child comfortably get home when he’s tired of pedaling. See more best Kids bikes