A bicycle is a form of transport, with the obligatory presence of wheels in the structure, which is set in motion by the physical efforts of a person. The bicycle is a sports equipment, a mandatory attribute of some sports disciplines. In addition to all of the above, this is an excellent means of entertainment and physical education. The most common type of bicycles are bicycles – bikes with two wheels. We’ll talk about the less popular tricycles or tricycles. There are three-wheel bikes for adults. But, the widest segment is tricycles for children. Which is quite logical and understandable. The three-wheel model is more stable due to the three fixed points of support. This means that the risk of a child falling on such a product is minimal. It is due to the good level of safety for children that children’s tricycles are so popular with parents and Best tricycles for adults this article below
Top 9 Ranking of the best bikes for kids
Choosing a child bike is not easy enough, because it not only pleases children but also meets all safety requirements.
- Radio Flyer Classic Red 10″ Tricycle for Toddlers ages 2-4
- Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike, Red Toddler Tricycle for Ages 9 Months -5 Years
- Radio Flyer Classic Pink 10″ Tricycle
- Schwinn Roadster Tricycle for Toddlers and Kids
- Radio Flyer Scoot About Sport, Toddler Ride On Toy
- 67i Kids Tricycles for 2-Year-Olds 3 in 1 Tricycles Toddler
- Schwinn Roadster Tricycle for Toddlers and Kids
- Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike, outdoor toddler tricycle, ages 2 ½ -5
- Radio Flyer Classic Red Dual Deck Tricycle
Five tips for choosing a child’s bike
Consider the age of the child
Choose a bike with the right design for your child’s age and fitness level.
For small children who are just in a tricycle stroller, the tricycle is the best solution.
For children from 95 to 115 cm (3-6 years old), the “four-wheeled” bikes are aimed at them, they are similar to the adult version, but there are many features, mainly the presence of detachable safety wheels attached to the rear wheels, while children are learning to ride two horses, they are not allowed to fall on their side in case of loss of balance.
Side wheels are not equipped in adolescent form, and they are similar to small and light adult bikes.
Focus on children’s growth.
Therefore, when buying a bike is guided not only by the age and riding level of the future owner but also his height – the diameter of the wheel and the length of the bike frame depends on him to find the right wheel for your child, For example, a height of 110 cm: 110/2.5/2.54 = 17.3 inches, so you have to choose from a bike with wheels 16 or 18 inches, the diameter of wheels for children and adolescents is 10, 12, 14, 16, 20 or 24 inches.
In addition to the size of the wheel, choosing the appropriate frame length.
The optimal distance from the handlebar to the front edge of the seat is from the elbow to the child’s foot.
Try before shopping.
Keep your child “try” the bike when buying, the distance between the frame and crotch should be at least 10 cm, so that if necessary, you can jump out while moving, adjust the seat and steering wheel so that your feet freely reach the pedals and “pilot”. No need to retract the steering wheel.
Do not try to use a bike “for growth”. The wrong size can lead to problems with control and as a result fall and injury.
Buy from specific locations.
It is better to buy a bike in a specialized sports store than in a children’s shop where the bike is just one of the toys. Bright, beautiful, but not suitable for long-term use.
In specialty stores, a choice of styles and much wider brands, famous brands of preschool and adolescent bikes – Stels, Authors, Starks, Cannondale, Phantom, Kross, Schwinn.
Consider the child’s opinion.
Choosing a bike based on its technical characteristics, let the future owner assess it, it is important for the child to feel their importance when making important decisions such as buying new personal, coolest and coolest transportation for him.
What are they?
The fact is that such a car becomes an important factor in full-fledged physiological studies however, there are so many models on the market today that it is sometimes difficult to make an alternative.
They are the best solution for 2-3 year olds who are simply learning to ride.
Tricycles are equipped with very light and high quality, but the main advantage is durability.
The size range of such samples is intended for children with heights from 100-105 cm.
- Excellent stability with 3 support points;
- Low weight;
- Excellent backup reliability;
- Rich colors that children love;
- Most of these devices have additional equipment with baskets for what the game module handles for parents and more practices.
- As a rule, they are heavy and noisy wheels.
- Do not store and take up a lot of storage.
For older children, for whom the tricycle is too small, a small version with an extra number of safety wheels will be a great option.
At first glance, they look like the simplest adults, they have drive chains and soft rubber wheels.
The four-wheeled specimen is aimed at children between 4 and 7 years old and the height range from about 105 to 130 cm.
- various accessories with interesting characteristics (police, motorcycles, sports, etc.);
- Large range of seats and adjustable handlebar height;
- As a rule, there are side wheels, but they do not interfere with driving, but are only fixed.
- The baby learns to balance for a short time;
- Some of these models are equipped with removable handles for parents.
- If the baby makes a sharp turn, the bike may fall on its side;
- The rollers of the safety wheels are bent evenly.
Such examples are aimed at school children who are already completely understood to drive free. – Only they have a slightly smaller size.
READ ALSO: Ranking of the best-managed tricycles
In particular, children’s replicas of stunt and mountain machines look very unusual, although conventional walking bikes still occupy most of the market.
- Large selection range;
- With adult bike features – including shifting gears;
- Often accompanied by a folding frame;
- It has a modern look.
- They get good speed, which means cyclists need some experience.